Search this Topic:
Mar 22 04 7:00 PM
Tags : None
Mar 22 04 7:08 PM
Mar 22 04 7:31 PM
Mar 22 04 8:26 PM
Mar 22 04 9:01 PM
Mar 23 04 8:16 AM
Mar 23 04 10:45 AM
Camerlengo & Grand Inquisitor
Mar 23 04 1:56 PM
Mar 23 04 6:09 PM
Apr 20 04 9:29 AM
Apr 20 04 10:27 AM
Apr 20 06 3:26 PM
Oct 31 08 5:37 PM
I stand with Ari on this -- Orthodox, and it's sinful.
I stand with my Church on this and it is permitted.
The Russian Orthodox Church permits contraception when there is a need for it and provided the means used is non-abortive. In theory the decision should be
made in consultation with the parish priest but this does not always happen. Many if not most parish priests and their wives use a form of permissible
BASES OF THE SOCIAL CONCEPT OF THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
XII. 3. Among the problems which need a religious and moral
assessment is that of contraception. Some contraceptives have an
abortive effect, interrupting artificially the life of the embryo on
the very first stages of his life. Therefore, the same judgements are
applicable to the use of them as to abortion. But other means, which
do not involve interrupting an already conceived life, cannot be
equated with abortion in the least. In defining their attitude to the
non-abortive contraceptives, Christian spouses should remember that
human reproduction is one of the principal purposes of the divinely
established marital union (see, X. 4). The deliberate refusal of
childbirth on egoistic grounds devalues marriage and is a definite
Section XII.3 of the 2000 Millennial Statement from the Council of Russian bishops
"BASES OF THE SOCIAL CONCEPT
OF THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH"
Nov 1 08 6:27 AM
Nov 1 08 11:37 AM
Your Church's position on this notwithstanding, I would respectfully recommend that the R. O. hierarchs, parish clergy, and laity look seriously into
Natural Family Planning as promoted by the RCC. It works
With respect, Camerlengo, Natural Family Planning, is really a dead duck in the water. It has been decisively rejected by the the faithful of the Roman
The USCCB reported a few years back that they estimate that between 2% and 3% of childbearing Catholic couples use it. The remaining 97% use methods of
contraception forbidden by their Church and seen as gravely sinful.
It's unlikely that you will ever persuade another Church to use a method which your own has rejected in such a spectacular fashion.
Nov 1 08 1:45 PM
Nov 1 08 9:06 PM
I think it is most unwise to reject something out of hand that is effective and has been demonstrated to be so.
So why do 97% of married Catholic couples reject it?
According to the Couple to Couple League (RC, and with the purpose of spreading the use of NFP) Natural Family Planning fails (results in an unwanted
pregnancy) only 1% of the time if used properly.
On the other hand condoms have a 7% failure rate.
Ergo, condoms are 6% more open to life than NFP......
<tongue in cheek..>
Nov 2 08 7:49 AM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.